We are strengthening our project procurement team at our customer operations in Porvoo.
Would you be interested about an excellent opportunity to utilize and develop further your procurement competences?
If yes - then this position offers a great opportunity to boost your career on technical investment project procurement area.
About the job - In your new role, you will
- work in a key role as a part of the investment project core team
- have the overall responsibility for procurement activities in a project
- follow up, coordinate and report the project procurement progress
- act as the procurement focal point of contact for project stakeholders
- get opportunities to work in an international environment
In addition to above topics, you will carve out the essentials for the procurement strategy, plan investment purchases and coordinate resourcing for different procurement activities including sourcing, operative purchasing and expediting activities.
The keys to success in this job
This is a team player's role. You will collaborate closely with Project Management, Project Control, Engineering, Construction Management, Suppliers, Contractors and Business Owners. Your positive drive and proactive mindset will be the cornerstones of your success in this position. The role is a leadership role requiring a number of skills like decision making, negotiation skills and stakeholder management. In this role you are expected to work both independently and in a team. We also value people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills and interests.
Our humble view is that this job requires the best combination of personality, experiences and skills such as
- Procurement and/or sourcing experience for minimum 3 years
- Above experience from technical goods (equipment or materials) or services
- Previous work experience in industrial investment projects
- Influencing skills and healthy level of self-confidence
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects in parallel
- Systematic way of working with high level of flexibility
- Commercial and/or technical education (B.Sc or M.Sc)
- Ability to communicate clearly in English and Finnish
- Willingness to travel to Porvoo and occasionally to abroad as well
This is a full-time assignment with permanent job contract. Expected start time is flexible during August and September 2022. We have a so-called hybrid model with a suitable mix of remote and on-site work. This means practically 2-3 days a week flexibly on site in Porvoo and the rest remotely. We expect you to be ready for this and this way you have a real chance to succeed as well as integrate into the organization.
You are supported by our customer's project teams, engineering and procurement teams. In addition you have a mentor from ValueSource and you have a full support of our 50+ member's ValueSource procurement excellence team. We want you to succeed and get boost to your career - a joint success story with ValueSource.
Please act immediately and apply. Tell us about your technical purchasing experience, when you can start and your salary expectation as well. Please include your CV (in English please) - potential referrers are a plus. Selection will be made as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Our Partner Timo Nieminen will answer your inquiries by e-mail email@example.com or by phone +358 50 325 2606 on weekdays at 10-12 (EEST). Hopefully we will see your application and you in person very soon!